Federal Tax Controversies
Internal Revenue Service (IRS) employees over 74,000 people. Many of these are focused on ensuring that taxpayers are compliant. Whether in the form of the IRS’s Automated Under Reporter program (AUR), a correspondence examination, or an in-person audit, these employees are always reviewing and verifying tax filings. Guided by the extensive Internal Revenue Code and one of the largest workplace handbooks, the Internal Revenue Manual (IRM), these individuals have a wide variety of tools at their disposal. Anyone filing a return may be examined and subject to an audit and everything that comes with it. Dealing federal tax controversy requires an experienced attorney that can help navigate you through the complexities of the tax law and the intricacies of an examination by the IRS.
With years of experience working on behalf of the IRS and on behalf of taxpayers, the tax law attorneys of THEVOZ Attorneys know how to best represent you. Don’t face the IRS all alone because you do not have to. Our experts in tax controversy can provide both individuals and institutional clients with a knowledge, support, and experience to dispute a tax controversy. Working with a tax law professional can help you secure a more favorable outcome when dealing with matters involving the IRS.
For the experienced and dedicated legal tax support you deserve, seek out the professional tax law attorneys of THEVOZ Attorneys by calling +1 (512) 696 1467 to assist you with your tax concerns at the federal, international, and cross-border level.
What is Tax Controversy?
Tax controversy is an area of litigation related to tax disputes between the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and taxpayers. Tax law attorneys provide legal services that any taxpayer can benefit from when it comes to audits or litigation. Controversies can either be civil or criminal. Civil controversies are by far the most common, but it is worth noting that civil cases can become criminal cases if a taxpayer is not careful or if the conduct was flagrant and criminal.
These professionals can also negotiate settlements on your behalf and resolve the case in the most efficient and least time consuming manner. Tax disputes can occur at the local, state, federal, and even international level. Individuals, businesses, corporations, trusts, and estates may all be subject to tax controversy. We have experience dealing with a range of issues including: retirement accounts, unreported income, earned income tax credit, child tax credit, hobby losses, estate and gift tax (death tax), micro-captive insurance, charitable deductions, and itemized deductions, just to name a few. We can help you navigate a civil matter before you have a criminal case on your hands.
How THEVOZ Attorneys Can Help?
The experienced and trustworthy tax law attorneys of THEVOZ Attorneys have years of experience in handling federal, cross-border, and international tax disputes. Through a collaboration of highly trained and motivated professionals, we can best assist individuals and businesses needing guidance in legal tax matters involving the IRS and other tax authorities by providing:
- Awareness of the relevant statute of limitations for the assessment of liabilities and for claiming refunds.
- Inside knowledge of the IRS and the examination process, which gives an advantage in negotiation a favorable resolution and taking a case to trial.
- Expertise on the federal rules of evidence and procedural court rules.
Our team offers you support through federal examinations, representing taxpayers and resolving tax disputes as efficiently as possible. In addition, we will represent you before the Office of Appeals. Through collaboration with local client service teams, we can manage tax controversies before they grow out of control. We will compile evidence and present your case in the best possible light.
Furthermore, there are three strong reasons why selecting a tax law attorney from THEVOZ Attorneys would benefit you by:
- Avoiding Penalties By Ensuring Compliance – Our tax law attorneys can guide you through your filing requirements and review filings to ensure that you are in full compliance with all legal tax requirements.
- Minimizing Errors on Your Tax Return – Taking the proper steps to meet your legal obligations is the best way to ensure that you are paying the taxes that you need to be paying. Interest and penalties for failing to file or underreporting income can be extremely expensive. Get help from an expert tax law attorney will help you save money.
- Controlling a Civil Examination – Responding to the IRS is daunting but professionals can help to ensure that everything goes smoothly and that the civil examination does not spiral out of control.
THEVOZ Attorneys has the necessary skills and experience to manage and resolve disputes.